Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: TS Problems?

From: "Alex Lomas" <alex () alexlomas com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 11:06:29 +0100 (BST)

Is there any way that I
can fully verify that TS is or is not running on the machine? Thanks for
all the help.

Well, you can change the port TS/Remote Desktop listens on, but it's not
common. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759

Also, check the running services on the machine and that will tell you if
TS/RD is actually running. You can use srvinfo or one of the pstools (from
www.sysinternals.com) to query the machine remotely to check this if you
have admin rights over it.

HTH

--Alex

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html