Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Log and event correlation management solution

From: "Ralph H. Chapman" <Ralph.Chapman () aebs com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:28:00 -0500

First of all, I want to thank all of you that responded to my request. I
have collected a good list of products but, did still have problems
finding a product that does BOTH. Here is what everyone responded with
and my comments, from a little research on all:

NetForensics- Looks like a good Security Event Correlation (SEC) product
but not for real time event log management (ELM).

Guardednet neuSecure- SEC yes, ELM no.

Intellitactics NSM - SEC yes, ELM no.

Arcsight- SEC yes, ELM no.

Addamark Omnisight- SEC yes, ELM no.

Tivoli Riskmanager- SEC yes, ELM no.

NetIQ Logadmin- SEC yes, ELM no.
(Are you starting to see a pattern here <grin>?)

Computer Associates eTrust Audit- SEC yes, ELM no.

Micromuse Netcool suite of products- looks like they have products for
"application and systems management" as well as "security management".
This might be a winner here.

Network Intelligence HA series appliance- Again, this might be a winner;
does both functions.

eSecurity- SEC yes, ELM no.

BindView Vulnerability Management- SEC yes, ELM no.

Big Brother- SEC no, ELM yes.

Kiwisyslog- SEC no, ELM yes.

MRTG- SEC no, ELM yes.

Thanks again for all the ideas!!