Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ARP spoofing attacks

From: Chris Moody <cmoody () qualcomm com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:45:42 -0700 (PDT)

You could always place all critical resources (or even the gateway to the
internet, or other networks) behind a vpn termination.  This way, you HAVE
to establish an encrypted session (to get anypace of value) and can
incorporate authentication.  If all your traffic is properly encrypted, I
don't see how any method of sniffing will be a problem.

Baiscally, you would build your wireless subnet to be considered "hostile"
from the get-go.  Only VPN tunnels are allowed access to anything of
value.

-Chris