Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Remote Access Solutions

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:59:03 -0700

  One or more VPN servers.  (I'm rather fond of the Cisco 30xx
boxes, but they're not the only choice.)
  Operating geographically-scattered (for local-rate service)
dial-up POPs is for ISPs and/or carriers -- it's not a business
I want my IT department to go into.

  (At a former employer, we contracted with a carrier (maybe
Sprint?) to provide dial-up services for our employees world-
wide.  I was a bit surprised that the price wasn't really
competitive with buying them all Earthlink accounts -- I guess
you need *tens* of thousands of users to get that kind of price.)

David Gillett