Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Windows Server 2003 - Not secure from my test but OSX from Mac is secure from the start

From: Sebastian Schneider <ses () straightliners de>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 01:30:45 +0200

Secure and security are completly different things. As far as I remember,
there are several flaws in the software shipped with MacOS X. I guess you
might remember the last three security updates. If not try running the
Software Update panel.

The concealment of ports is not really meaningful, since security is more than
about if port scans succeed or fail. I guess, there will be some more flaws
within that operating system.

By the way, when having physical access to an Apple running MacOS X
everything's so easy. All you need is inserting the MacOS X setup CD and
welcome to wonderland. Even booting into single-user mode if helpful much
often. Thanks to Apple.

Sebastian