Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise AV

From: Jimi Thompson <jimit () myrealbox com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:53:10 -0500

It doesn't much matter what you run on the rest of the Windows machines - pick what you like, preferable with a management console you like, and what you can get a good price on - Norton, McAfee, Panda, Trend. AVG, whatever. AFAICT, they are all about the same. I've had a couple of rather large bones to pick with McAfee in the past, but know several people that are quite happy with them.

My only serious preference in AV software is for Exchange mail servers. You really need to have Trend on your Exchange server, if you have one.

HTH,

Jimi