Security Basics mailing list archives

Question on Corrupted BlackIce Defender Installation

From: Paul Fishbein <pffishbein () comcast net>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 14:24:37 -0700

I hope this is not "off topic" but I purchased BlackIce Defender (Black Ice PC Defender) and had to uninstall it, with the aim of reinstalling it later. I come to find out that it is not completely uninstalled and won't let me reinstall the program.

Yes, I have tried the "Black Ice Removal Tool" to no avail. I get the error on reinstalling "BlackIce Daemon is already installed on this machine ... installation cannot continue. Consult your system administrator." I am not on a network on this machine, I can see the BlackIce process running under "System Services" but disabling it doesn't help.

Has anyone had an experience with this problem? Can you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

Paul Fishbein
Los Angeles, CA

Captus Networks Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster? - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm