Security Basics mailing list archives

Dictionary/brute force MS file and printer sharing?

From: "Mark G. Spencer" <mspencer () evidentdata com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:41:51 -0700

Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions on dictionary and if needed brute forcing MS
file and printer sharing (ports 139 and 445 open) on a Win2K system.  For
example, if I connect to one of my Win2K systems running MS file and print
services via start/run of my laptop, I am presented with the Username: and
Password: prompt of the Microsoft file and print services client.

What would be the best way to remotely dictionary and/or brute force the
username and password combination of my Win2K system running MS file and
print services?

Thanks!

Mark

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm