Security Basics mailing list archives

Writing Security Policies

From: "Al Cook" <cookas () msn com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:20:42 +0000

I'm doing some work on security policies and effectively have to write one from scratch for a company. Are there any good resource out there that anyone can recommend. I have seen books that can be bought with 1000's of templates and mission statement etc, are these worth the money? The company is based in the UK, will templates written for US based companies be acceptable (with some amendments) s or should I be looking for ones geared to the UK only? Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Al

Express yourself with cool emoticons - download MSN Messenger today! http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Captus Networks Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster? - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic FIND OUT NOW - FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm