Security Basics mailing list archives

Looking for some ideas on VPN and Dial Up Users and Virus protect ion.

From: "Sutton, David" <David.Sutton () ps net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:35:12 -0500

Hello all,

I am looking for some ideas and or suggestions on ways to help protect a
network from VPN and Dial up users.  What I am looking for is something that
once they make a connection would scan their PC for known virus and or other
issues that might cause problems if spread.

Is there a server that you can put in that VPN and Dial up users would have
to access 1st, like a proxy, that would check their system and if something
was found would close out the connection right away?

Thanks for any information....

David