Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Creating Signatures on Cisco IDS enabled IOS based Firewalls

From: "Smith, Chris" <csmith () Calence com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:00:59 -0700

IOS and PIX doesn't allow for tuning of IDS signatures - the signatures are fixed.  For complete IDS protection, an IDS
module is available for the 2600, 3600, and 3700 routers which provides complete IDS functionality, inlcuding a
complete signature set and ability to modify or create signatures.

cls