Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Encryption on NOTES R5

From: William Bell <halo64 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:26:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Although I'm a big fan of PGP, we've implemented a
tool called ZixVPM.  We've had a few glitches, but it
seems to work well overall, at least for our (HIPAA)
purposes.  Since I'm not the ZixVPM admin, I'm not
sure how you'd configure Zix to "encrypt specific
emails (not all outgoing emails) out of Lotus NOTES
R5."  Guess it depends on what you mean by "specific
emails."

For more info, check out their website:
http://www.zixcorp.com/

and the ZixVPM brochure:
http://www.zixcorp.com/docs/ZixVPMBrochure.pdf

Yet, since I prefer PGP solutions, I'm compelled to
point out a new PGP product that provides similar
functionality:
http://www.pgp.com/universal/index.html

If we hadn't already invested in ZixVPM, I believe I'd
be recommending the PGP Universal solution to my own
company.

Hope this helps...

Good luck!
Regards,