Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: When does a scan attempt become a focused attack?

From: Sebastian Schneider <ses () straightliners de>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:55:20 +0200

Hey Jimmy,

actually I guess, every machine within the Internet is checked for several
vulnerabilities over and over again. If your server is not vulnerable to
those attacks mentioned below, you should focus your IDS to the attacks
important. That is adjust your snort to match your environment.
It makes no sense to report every attack if you don't need them for
statistical reasons.

Sebastian