Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Log management software for Windows

From: "David Gillett" <gillettdavid () fhda edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:42:18 -0700

  I have used, and been pretty happy with, "SL4NT" (SysLog
for NT), on NT and 2000.  It provides a server application to
receive the log stream, and various options for what to do with
the data.  (In my case, I've usually fed it to the Windows
system Security Event Log, and then used Windows tools to
capture and manipulate it from there.)

David Gillett