Security Basics mailing list archives

and after thay footprint comes...?

From: "me null" <me_null () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:02:40 -0400

hello every one i have a question..
im pretty good at maping out whats running on my network and because of that im pretty good at hiding whats running on my network. the problem is thats about as far as it goes aside from keeping everything updated. im not sure what to do w/ the info i have gathered on my network asside from guessing passwords im bout stuck.

so i was hoping some of you would be able to point my in the direction of other documents an the like on how a hacker would acutualy get IN to a pc that way i will be able to know the path there likly to take.

its like i know exactly what is where i want to go, but i have no way to get there -- as always feedback
is always appricated --ty me

please to not misunderstand me its better security that i want but i dont know how an attacker would "comprise" me pc

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected? Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015