Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Alternatives to sftp?

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <bugtraq () planetcobalt net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:57:20 +0200

On 2003-10-15 John Sec wrote:
I was wondering what the alternatives were to something like sftp?  I
have two servers that need to send files (approx. 10mb) to each other
a couple of times a day and I wanted to know what other options I had
to do it securely. Is there anything else out there besides sftp and
pgp for something like this?

Maybe a VPN or ssh tunnel and copy or rsync the files?

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers

FREE Whitepaper: Better Management for Network Security

Looking for a better way to manage your IP security?
Learn how Solsoft can help you:
- Ensure robust IP security through policy-based management
- Make firewall, VPN, and NAT rules interoperable across heterogeneous
networks
- Quickly respond to network events from a central console

Download our FREE whitepaper at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Solsoft_security-basics_031015