Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: cmdline tool to add users (win2k)

From: Doc Rice <docrice () wicked-styles com>
Date: 1 Oct 2003 07:25:32 -0000

As an example, try:

net user jsmith mypassword /add /domain

to create a domain user account, assuming you have Domain Admin rights.  If you don't have the "/domain" you'll create
an account on the local machine.  Please don't use "mypassword" as the pw though.  Then do:

net groups "Domain Admins" jsmith /add /domain

to add the account to this domain group.

NET USER

The syntax of this command is:

NET USER
[username [password | *] [options]] [/DOMAIN]
        username {password | *} /ADD [options] [/DOMAIN]
        username [/DELETE] [/DOMAIN]

<snip>