Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: from 127.0.0.1:80 to myIP:1838 on eth0

From: Useru Chior <useru_chior () yahoo com>
Date: 1 Oct 2003 08:14:37 -0000

Latest reply in my e-mail account. By the way, please reply on the list. It is easier to follow. My reply is at the
bottom.

From:   "jullian ortmann"
To:     useru chior
Date:   Wed, 01 Oct 2003 03:51:55 +0800
Subject:        127.0.0.1:80

Hi,

I just had a similar experience. My home network was down, I could ping
ip addresses but no domain names. The linux and one windows box didn't
make web app connections to the internet and another windows2000 did
(also I had left the browser open to slashdot and went to work, I have no
idea what kind of effect that has). As it turns out my isp had changed
dns servers. After the gateway box was changed and the dns options
reset in the win boxes everything was fine. The interesting thing is that
the w2k box didn't have have any trouble prior to me resetting the dns
info. The 127.0.0.1:80 error turned up in my snort logs on the
gateway/firewall box, I haven't fully researched this yet but that was my
experience and my general setup.

jullian
--
http://www.linuxmail.org/