Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: filter ssl traffic

From: "Corey Scott" <corey () motionworks com my>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:28:00 +0800

I am not sure if this discussion is getting of track or not, but I think the
fundamental question we need to ask before we can give a good response is,
why do you want the proxy to be able to see the traffic unencrypted?

If all you want to do is make sure they are not going to a certain site than
I am fairly certain that a proxy like SQUID will be able to block sites, do
logging and a whole heap of things you probably never thought off.

As to if use wish to read the traffic, surely there is a moral question of
why you want to, but what about the practical one.  What could you possibly
achieve by it?

Cheers,
Corey

Corey Scott - Technical Director