Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Altiris Deployment Server vs. Microsoft SMS

From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm () ornl gov>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:48:39 -0500

 Microsoft is supposed to be adding this capability as a feature release
for SMS 2003 sometime next year.  Alternatively you could use a
Microsoft RIS server to deploy standard configurations.  Altiris
currently has this capability.  You will need to determine if the remote
imaging or ease of applying security patches is more important.

Dennis