Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Hardening / securing Citrix Metaframe XP

From: "Marcos E. Rodriguez" <mrodrigu () agape-tech com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:32:07 -0500

Hey buddy;

Hardening Citrix depends on what type of OS you're running Citrix over.  For
a Windows based server, you'll need to deal with normal Windows hardening
techniques.  Same applies to Unix, and on goes the story.  Citrix is merely
a software package (large one) running on an underlying operating system.

Always stay up to date on packages for MetaFrame, and NFuse, etc, whatever
Citrix product that applies.  Make certain you also research how to better
architect your Citrix solution, such as using Secure ICA to encrypt the
remote traffic.  Look into Secure Gateway, etc.

For some real substance, check out these sites, they will help you in one
way or another:

http://www.citrix.com

That's obvious, but they have such a vast knowledgebase!

http://www.thethin.net/
http://www.thinplanet.com/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~soundtcr/
http://www.aspisland.com/
http://www.securecomputing.com/index.cfm?skey=1158

There are plenty more sites, do a good Google search.  One of the sites
escapes my mind right now, but mail me back and I'll hunt it down for you.

Regards,

Marcos

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027