Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Prebuilt Bootable ISO for wireless assessment?

From: Suramya Tomar <security () suramya com>
Date: 21 Nov 2003 17:11:12 -0500

Hi John,
 You might want to try using Knoppix
(http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-old-en.html), its a really great
Live Linux distribution based on Debian and has great hardware
detection.

 In case it doesn't detect your hardware you can customize the CD to
include the support by following the instructions at:
http://gnubox.dyndns.org:8080/~sunil/knoppix.php

 Hope this helps.

- Suramya

Howdy all!

The only laptops I have access to currently are Windows 2K/XP laptops that
have Wireless cards in them.  I was wondering if there is a pre-built Live
ISO distribution that has wireless assessment tools already setup and ready
to run once booted.  If not, does anyone know of if when you boot the Live
CD it creates /, /usr, ... in RAM so that I could install the software in
that location?

Barring that, what are the best Win2K tools for wireless assessment?

Just curious.

Thanks,
John Cole, TICSA

Name        : Suramya Tomar
Homepage URL: http://www.suramya.com

Disclaimer:
Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.