Security Basics mailing list archives

wireless technology risks request

From: SMiller () unimin com
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:38:46 -0500

On topic, but not necessarily for debate here (Kelly, I hope this is OK):

Rebecca Mercuri has done a tremendous amount of research and publication
regarding public-interest issues related to electronic voting, much of it
pro bono.  She is requesting some expertise that I am certain can be found
here.  Cross-posted from RISKS 23.02:
I would like to bring readers' attention to the fact that the current IEEE
voting system draft allows for wireless (and other transmission) technology
to be used with precinct electronic balloting systems.  We need some
individuals with the ability to provide a detailed explanation of security
issues with wireless to assist with the current debate on this subject.
Anyone who has technical expertise in this area should contact me
immediately at: mercuri () acm org

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027