Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: trusted & untrusted ports

From: "David Fore" <wdfore () ev1 net>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:44:17 -0600

The key here is to open only what you need. Everything else is closed by
default. Here is a link to a paper I wrote on this subject. It's more
procedural, than technical. However, I think you will get the idea.

http://www.giac.org/practical/GSEC/William_Fore_GSEC.pdf

Regards,
David
PGP 0xA19B5C17 (pubkey: ldap://keyserver.pgp.com)