Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: A reminder that security is not inherently solvable with tec hnology

From: "Parisi, Robert" <Robert.Parisi () AIG com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:13:18 -0500

very good point-i dont think that outsource/inhouse, local vs foreign are
issues that can be viewed in isolation. The truism that is the subject
header cannot be overstated--how many rely upon "robust and complex"
password protocols only to have it thwarted by social engineering or the
dreaded hand written post-it note.

security needs to be baked into not just the technology and applications but
into management's consciousness and then user community at large.