Security Basics mailing list archives

Types of VPNs

From: "Imran K" <ikhan () eudoramail com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 12:59:39 -0400

Greetings,

I am looking for conceptual pointers about VPNs.

Things like,

(1)Types of VPNs, (2) Difference in both types of tunnels (AH/ESP), (3) difference in implentation and their behavior
in a production environment for both types of VPNs, (4) Single tunnel v split tunnel and can this be implemented in
both type of tunnels?

If some out there could give me some pointers that will be very helpful

Cheers,

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case
studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics