Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hotmail sign-in through Outlook Express -- clear-text?

From: "Mailer" <new () falqon com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 00:48:01 +0800

Hi, I am not sure as if the login is in clear-text/SSL.
For slower systems and those that do not-uncheck the Notify when switching
to SSL.
You will actually see that is switches between Secure and non-secure pages.

BTW, can anyone verify how true is this issue on .NET passport being
compromised ?
http://briansbuzz.com/w/030522/

Cheers
Mel