Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What files to watch??

From: Drew Flickema <newsmouse () flexpop net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 12:33:08 -0700

Chris-
I suggest you go to Tripwire's policy site to gain an understanding of what files and directories they are listing in their policy file and you should do similar. http://policy.tripwire.com, then follow the link to Build Policy Files with the Policy Tool. You may have to learn a little bit about the file properties that Tripwire has the capability to scan and how those properties relate to the policy file in their declaration. Do be careful in your feeling of having a good solution. I have been working with Tripwire for several years and have seen some odd things on Microsoft that MD5 simply did not catch. I would be interested to look over your work.

Drew Flickema

Thinking About Security Training? You Can't Afford Not To!

Vigilar's industry leading curriculum includes: Security +, Check Point, Hacking & Assessment, Cisco Security, Wireless Security & more! Register Now! --UP TO 30% off classes in select cities-- http://www.securityfocus.com/Vigilar-security-basics