Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Email Monitoring

From: "Roland" <rolandv () xtra co nz>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:35:45 +1200

Exchange 2000 provides a feature to archive all sent messages,

might be a quick solution,

Cut

I've searched Google and the Security focus archives for most of the
day looking for a pointer in the right direction for this one. Its been
discussed but I have not com across a solution.

Now I'm not looking to start a debate on the legal, moral or ethical
implications but just the technical implementations.

I've been asked by a company to set up some kind of email monitoring
software, what they want is to record (save the full email and any
attachments)
mail which is sent to certain domains i.e. competitors, some kind of
alert after such a event should also be sent to a number of senior
executives
in the co.

cut

FastTrain has your solution for a great CISSP Boot Camp. The industry's most
recognized corporate security certification track, provides a comprehensive
prospectus based upon the core principle concepts of security. This ALL INCLUSIVE curriculum utilizes lectures, case
studies and true hands-on utilization
of pertinent security tools. For a limited time you can enter for a chance
to win one of the latest technological innovations, the SEGWAY HT.
Log onto http://www.securityfocus.com/FastTrain-security-basics