Security Basics mailing list archives

USB Tokens

From: "Justin Derry" <jderry () bordertechnologies com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 15:48:54 +1000

Hi,
Has anyone used/developed/know of an application that can secure the OS =
authentication (GINA) by using a standard USB token with say a =
certificate on it.

EG I have a 32Mb USB token with a certificate and when windows boots you =
insert the USB token into the workstation and enter a password to unlock =
the certificate.

Thoughts?

I am currently looking at if i have to buy a etoken from eAlladdin or =
somewhere. Would prefer to use a standard USB token.
Cheers
Justin

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfsbl1