Security Basics mailing list archives

multihomed XP

From: "Derek Noel" <pizzalord () sentex net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 10:46:45 -0500

I posted a similar question earlier - many thanks to the repliers. I'd like
to add more detail.

I've got an XP box with a DSL connection to the net. I've created a vpn to a
remote W2K server (non-DC) with some shares I want to access.

This is my first time doing this. I can't ping the vpn ip address of my
server! That is to say, the DHCP on my server assigns me an ip of 10.10.10.2
and the server an ip of 10.10.10.1

Do I need to modify the routing table on the XP machine?

Other details:
both dsl connection and vpn have selected 'use gateway on remote computer'

SurfControl E-mail Filter puts the brakes on spam,
viruses and malicious code. Safeguard your business
critical communications. Download a free 30-day trial:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/go/zsfsbl1