Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: WORD to open an IE window for URLs in documents

From: "Trevor Cushen" <Trevor.Cushen () sysnet ie>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:57:13 -0000

Use the Tools->Autocorrect Options and turn off the hyperlink options
under auto correct as you type tag and under the auto replace tag.  Also
look at the options for the ctrl+click option checkbox.

This will stop web addresses from automatically becoming hyperlinks.

I am using Office XP by the way so you might be different if your
version is different.

Do a help and search for hyperlink and the various options available
will be shown under you word help.

Hope this helps