Security Basics mailing list archives

is it a good method to set ip vs mac at router?

From: "SB CH" <chulmin2 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 04:23:37 +0000

Hello,I have suffered from the sniffing attack which changes the mac address.

So I think that only this method(set ip vs mac addr statically at router) can solve this problem.

But the ip addresses are so high(/24 * 4)
anyone who did like this and some questions about this?

1. is this a good method to set the ip vs mac statically at router?

2. this method would cause the router load or not?

3. if the router would be reboot, the ip:mac settings are cleared or saved?

Thanks in advance.

보다 빠르고 보기 편한 뉴스. 오늘의 화제는 MSN 뉴스에서 확인하세요. http://www.msn.co.kr/news/