Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Single Sign On

From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm () ornl gov>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:15:31 -0500

SAIC sells a product called UCAMS
http://www.saic.com/products/software/ucams/ucams-tech.html  It is not a
single sign on application, but it is a password distribution
application.  I.e.  You have to sign on to each system but your userid
and password are the same.  UCAMS has various clients including Windows
Active Directory, Oracle and Unix support.  MS-SQL servers can be setup
to utilize Windows authentication.  For a less expensive solution, you
might look at PAM
http://www.win2000mag.net/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=25319.  This will
allow Linus users to authenticate with a Windows domain.

Denny