Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: MS Service Packs

From: "Marco Araujo" <amon87secfx () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:18:02 -0300

I think MBSA (Microsoft Base Analyser Security) is a good complemental tool do Windows Update.

Marco Araujo
MCSE
Recife/PE - Brasil

From: "Depp, Dennis M." <deppdm () ornl gov>
To: matt <mdtallon () pobox com>, security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: MS Service Packs
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:02:15 -0400

It can detect all the necessary fixes, but some fixes must be installed
separately.  Service Packs and IE upgrades are among the patches that
need their own installs

Dennis