Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Apache: limiting the execution place

From: exon <exon () home se>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:57:39 +0200 (CEST)

No misunderstanding from you, but sort of one for me. Sorry about that.

Still though, I can't quite see the reason for hindering other users to
see the script code. Only local users can read them in 'raw'
format. Unless ofcourse there are some copyright issues here, or there are
'hardcoded' (as hardcoded as they get in scripts) plaintext passwords to
protect, in which case the scripts are flawed anyways. Passwords should
be stored encrypted in separate files.

/Andy

PS. I was intrigued by this, so I'm currently working on a small app to
add unix type password security to linux users.
Gimme a holler if you're interested.