Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Mahogany Row Questions

From: Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby () users sf net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:37:28 -0700

The whois tool will probably do what you want for find the IP block.

IPTables LOG target will do what you want.  `man iptables`

Justin

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 11:37:02PM +0000, David Nichols wrote:

Greeting All-

2 Questions:

1) At the risk of raising all sorts of alarms among some of you, (remember
the yahoo username debate?) is there a way that I can find out which IP
addresses are assigned to a company? Againist my better judgement, my VP
wants his streaming quotes that are being blocked by my firewall. (Linux /
iptables)

2) Does anyone know if I can write a rule chain in IP tables that will allow
me to pass the packet through but still log its presence?

Thanks in Advance
David Nichols

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm