Security Basics mailing list archives

WBEM Security Issues

From: Shekhar Jha <shekhar-jha () usa net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:07:27 -0400

I was investigating the possibility of using the WBEM( more specifically WMI
-Microsoft Implementation) to manage the mobile laptops for the employees of
our organization. Basically use this to check the Anti-virus updates
available, the patch level of the OS and other application installed and other
management operations.
In that regards, security of the whole WBEM itself is my question.
What are your views about the security of the WBEM specification itself. The
understand the security of implementation is in itself a big issue(as I came
across some of the vulnerability in the implementations).
Any thoughts, pointers on security in WBEM would be helpful for me to make
decision.

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm