Security Basics mailing list archives

ANNOUNCEMENT: new moderator for Security-Basics

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:38:43 -0600 (MDT)

Greetings everyone,

Stephen Entwisle is leaving SecurityFocus this week after several years,
in order to travel and pursue other interests. I am replacing him as
Moderator of Security-Basics and have been moderating the list for the
past week.

As of today, there are 12,273 people subscribed to the list.
Security-Basics is a moderated list and I receive and read all posts prior
to their distribution to list members.

My moderation policy is basically the same as Stephen's:

- I do not moderate comments or opinions at all
- Flaming and profanity is not acceptable
- If your post is rejected, I will tell you why via our Mailer-Daemon
- the list is intended to help people improve security, not circumvent it
- no file attachments are permitted; .sigs including PGP are ok
- please keep your message format to text/plain and do not use html

Most importantly, thanks to everyone who contributes their time and energy
by posting messages to Security-Basics. Sharing your knowledge benefits
everyone! Above all, let's continue to keep this a friendly and
informative mailing list.

Cheers,
--
Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Moderator, Security-Basics

Evaluating SSL VPNs' Consider NEOTERIS, chosen as leader by top analysts!
The Gartner Group just put Neoteris in the top of its Magic Quadrant,
while InStat has confirmed Neoteris as the leader in marketshare.

Find out why, and see how you can get plug-n-play secure remote access in
about an hour, with no client, server changes, or ongoing maintenance.

Visit us at: http://www.neoteris.com/promos/sf-6-9.htm