Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Firewall and Mcafee Webshiled e250

From: "Cherian M. Palayoor" <cpalayoor () cwalkergroup com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:37:29 -0700

Azman,

We had the same problem while setting up the E250 on our network.

here is a checklist of what you should look out for......

Make sure the E250 has all the routes configured properly...ie default route
pointing to the Linux firewall.

You have 2 options in configuring the E250, well actually 3. You can
configure it either as a Transaprent router or bridge, depending on how many
interfaces you have on the E250. If you have 2 interfaces, configure it as a
Transparent router. Will make your life easier.

Test connectivity to both these interfaces from the LAN and the Linux
firewall. If these work, disable all scanning and then try to send traffic
across the E250. If they dont, you have a routing issue.

Remember to restart your E250 after the changes.

Hope this helps.

Regards

C P