Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: What is this port? is it a trojan?

From: "Hyperion" <nemesis () croasdalepreston fsnet co uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 01:33:22 +0100

Silly me heh, the 44334 port is my firewall:

PERSFW.EXE        TCP           all:44334               ......                  Listening
PERSFW.EXE    TCP       all:44334         localhost:ingreslock  Connected in
PERSFW.EXE    UDP       all:44334         ......                  Listening
PFWADMIN.EXE  TCP       all:ingreslock    localhost:44334         Connected
out
PFWADMIN.EXE  TCP       all:1526          localhost:44334         Connected
out

As for ther port 5000 well the firewall has it as

SVCHOST.EXE   TCP       all:5000           ......                 Listening

There are a humber of those SVCHOST.EXE things when I take a look at the
firewall ststus window. I have no idea what they are heh.
Anyone enlighten me on the matter?
Regards Hyperion