Security Basics mailing list archives

Policy Manual

From: "Chris Berry" <compjma () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:30:28 -0800

Prior to my taking over here the previous admin had not bothered to write any policy. To try and increase professionalism and to get up to speed with HIPPA compliance I'm putting together a policy and proceedures manual. Here is a list of some of the documents I'm going to put together:

Criticality Analysis
Backup Plan
Disaster Recovery Plan
Emergency Plan
Testing & Revision Procedures
Access Authorization Policy (technical)
Access Control Policy (technical)
Access Modification Policy (technical)
System Activity Records
Compliance Certification
Supervision Policy
Temporary Authorization Records
Permanent Authorization Records
Clearance Policy
Security Policy
Security Training Records
Security Training Outline
Hardware Installation and Upgrade Policy
Software Installation and Upgrade Policy
Hardware Maintenance Policy
Software Update Policy
Security Testing Policy
Periodic Review Policy
Computer Hardware Inventory
Computer Software Inventory
Virus Checking Policy
Security Response Plan
Security Incident Report
Security Response Plan
Risk Management Plan
Risk Analysis
HIPPA Sanction Policy
Information Security Responsibility Outline
Physical Security Plan
Employee Termination Policy
Natural Hazards Defense Plan
Security Responsibilities Outline
Identity Security Policy
Data Segregation Plan

There will probably be quite a few more by the time I'm done. I'd like to ask if anyone has any documentation that they would be willing to share. In return, I'll happily provide the finished manual to anyone that would like a copy.

Chris Berry
compjma () hotmail com
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Linux and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate its complexity until I figure out how something works, then I love its power."