Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VLAN Security

From: "Clinton McGuire" <cmcguire () candlewest com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:39:32 -0800

Cisco recently held a Sec Boot camp seminar in my area, and they covered
Layer 2 sec issues.  One of their topics was "VLAN hopping"...  They
were nice enough to put all their slides on the Web in PDF.  The first 4
presentations listed are good reads, the 5th if I remember correctly was
pretty well a sales pitch...  Presentation 1 is the most relevant, and
includes details of and mitigation for several Layer 2 hacks.
http://www.cisco.com/ca/events/presentation.shtml

Best Regards,

Clint McGuire MCSE, CCNA, Network+, A+
System Administrator