Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spam from Symantec

From: Brad Arlt <arlt () cpsc ucalgary ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:49:18 -0700

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 08:35:22PM -0700, alaskan () telusplanet net wrote:
Is anyone on this e-mail continually getting spam e-mails about Norton
System Works 2003? I would think that this would be a scam to try and
get credit card numbers etc... If it was legitimate, I think I will
switch to linux sooner than planned.

I saw some last week.  I thought it odd, but why not?

Could also be a retailer trying to sell Norton System Works 2003.  I
doubt the vendor would bother with UBE themselves for the same reason
they don't have stores nation wide - other businesses are more suited
to sale and distribution.
   __o          Bradley Arlt                    Security Team Lead
 _ \<_          arlt () cpsc ucalgary ca                University Of Calgary
(_)/(_)         I should be biking right now.   Computer Science