Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Exchange 2K3 and Server 2K3 versus SUN One Pros/Cons and Security Pros/Cons

From: DCISS <dciss () bigpond net au>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 12:35:57 +1100

tawilson () speakeasy net wrote:

So let me have it hit me with the good the bad and the ugly about E2K3 and Win2K3 as well as any SUN items you can come up with. Security is my primary focus but I will addressing questions from all aspects to presentation teams.

It appears to have escaped everybody's attention, but this Win2K3 business is completely wrong. The convention comes from electronic engineering, in which 2K3 means 2.3K Ohms (ie 2300 Ohms). If you apply it to dates, it meens the year 2300 AD, for which nobody has yet released any software. This is what happens when you get poodle-fakin coders pretending to be engineers.

Just my two cents worth, or pehaps less than that.

Mark Goldfinch