Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: dns daemon version

From: Fernando Serto <fernando.serto () memetrics com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:42:25 +1100

thanks joey! that one really pointed me in the right direction...

Joey Peloquin wrote:

Fernando,

is there any other way to query which daemon is running (and version,
as
well)?

Have a look at http://www.darklab.org/archive/msg00069.html.  You can
use RCODE replies to fingerprint DNS servers other than BIND.  I have
not used it myself, but looks like it is a step in the right direction.

Joey Peloquin

<snip>

material.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that your access is unauthorized, and any review,
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message including any
attachments is strictly prohibited.   If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.

--
Fernando Serto
Systems Administrator