Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: WinXP Admin login

From: "Shah H (Comp)" <03004309 () glam ac uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:38:20 -0000

Greetings to everyone on the group.

I have come up with an old issue of the WinXP Admin Login which was
discussed earlier sometime back on the group.

The problem is that I have used the Linux boot disk and have
successfully changed the local Administrator account of the Windows XP
box (works gr8 for that purpose.)

After making this change I was able to log on with the Local Admin
account with the changed password but no longer could logon locally
using a using any Domain user account, which was working fine earlier to
resetting the password using the Linux boot disk.

To confirm the same I ran through the same process on another box where
I noticed the same problem as well and Logon locally with the domain
user account failed.

Has anyone come across the same problem and could anyone throw some
light on the issue.

Cheers,

Harshang Shah