Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: forcdos.exe, msagent directory, DOS or warez??

From: <asuhovey () mtu-net ru>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:20:10 +0300

Charles, thanks for link to this MS article.
All this thread is very informative.

Note, I do not have any directories/files
with reserved names, so I didn't get to test
against them, but things should work just the same.
It is easy to check, as it works for mkdir too:

C:\>mkdir \\.\c:\blah\com1

C:\>echo Hey > \\.\c:\blah\com1\hey

C:\>dir /b c:\blah\
com1