Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Port watching tool

From: "Logan Rogers-Follis - TNTNetworx.net" <logan () tntnetworx net>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 10:06:35 -0600

I use Fport and I like pretty well...

Dave Gonsalves wrote:

Fport has served me well.
http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm?subnav=resources/navigation.htm&subconte
nt=/resources/proddesc/fport.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: George Peek [mailto:GKPeek () AllstateTicketing com]
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 2:07 AM
To: 'Jim Clare '; 'security-basics () securityfocus com '; 'Jeff Lane '
Subject: RE: Port watching tool

TCPView from www.sysinternals.com is your best bet

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Clare
To: security-basics () securityfocus com; Jeff Lane
Sent: 8/22/2003 1:36 PM

From: Jeff Lane <crash () pinehurst net>
Date:  Fri, 22 Aug 2003 14:07:13 -0400

Hello,

I have just a simple question... I have been searching aroud the net
for
software to watch the ports on a Win2K machine but am not turning anything up that would be useful to me, so I thought I would ask
here...
Could someone point me to a tool that will or can do the following:

A: monitor ports on a Win2K server

www.devhood.com/tools/tool_details.aspx?tool_id=515 download and
install. It's a cool little free program that will do this.

B: specifically monitor a certain port or range of ports

go to www.grc.com and run the shields up test.

---
Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30
(Training), October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier technical IT security event. Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors. Symantec is the Diamond sponsor. Early-bird registration ends September
6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com
----