Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: newbie wanting some info !!

From: "Ryan Belcher" <Ryanb () sealevel com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:53:17 -0400

Hi Ozzy,

Port 80 is for HTTP traffic and port 21 is for FTP traffic, people love to scan around those ports all day long.  It's
gotten to the point to where I just ignore most of that traffic at home since it's so prevalent.  If you're actually
running a FTP or Web server, I may be more aloof and look for specific types of requests to and fro, but on the most
part, I wouldn't worry too much.

Ryan